A Message From Your Dentist Regarding COVID-19
Updated as of 01/01/2022
As there have been recent developments for COVID-19 vaccination and emergence of Omicron variant , I would like to revisit what we have been doing here at Washington DC Dentistry to ensure our patients’ safety.
We are well-poised to maintain a safe clinical environment for both our patients and the dental team. We have worked daily to protect our patients and our staff from potential harm. Since the beginning of modern dentistry, we have been dealing with aerosols, and we are well-versed in sterilization and disinfection protocols. The great news here is there has been no reported outbreak originating from dental offices, according to the most recent data from the CDC. A report from the ADA in mid-October 2020 also found that fewer than 1% of dentists were COVID-19 positive. These reports validate what we have been doing for the safety of our patients and the team.
We strictly follow all applicable guidelines of local and federal health authorities. In fact, we have gone above and beyond those standard guidelines to ensure maximum safety for our dental team and patients. Our team is also fully vaccinated. As new scientific information becomes available, there may be changes to our protocols in the future. As always, we will do what is in the best interest of our patients.
As we do our part to protect the public, we ask that you follow the advice and directions of healthcare authorities.
Our office has been operating safely during this pandemic. Normal operation has been resumed and we are scheduling appointments for all procedures. Please do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for trusting us to be your dental provider.
Sai N. Kham, DMD
Below is what your dental visit will look like at this point in time.
- Our clinical team will be wearing PPEs, including masks, gloves, gowns, and face shields.
- Wearing face masks is strongly encouraged. You may remove your mask once you are seated in your designated operatory.
- If you need to fill out any paperwork, properly disinfected writing instruments will be given to you.
- Medical grade hand sanitizers are provided for you in the waiting area. Please use them abundantly.
- Our office waiting area is regularly cleaned with medical grade disinfectants (this includes door handles!) The clinical area is disinfected as usual according to CDC guidelines.
- We have installed additional air filtration systems in our office for cleaner and healthier air circulation.
- Patients are urged to come in alone for their appointment and be prompt for the scheduled appointment time.
- Due to a backlog of appointment requests, we will strictly enforce our cancellation policy for confirmed appointments. This is to ensure patients who need it most get the appointment. Your appointment is considered confirmed unless you contact us to cancel or reschedule the appointment within 1 business day.
- Under rare circumstances, if there is another person in the waiting area at the time of your scheduled appointment, you may be asked to wait in a separate waiting area. We also offer curbside waiting by interactive messaging if you prefer that option.
- When you make a credit card payment, we encourage you to use contactless payment. No signature is required for authorization.
- As always, we are proud to provide excellent care in a safe environment.
– The Team @ Washington DC Dentistry